Saturday 2 April 2011

This is the start of something...mildly alright looking...

Blogging, like men skating down a railing and getting a solid metal bar between their bollocks, is something you’re always content to watch but never participate in. And for good reason. I don’t have balls but I feel it too. Really guys, I do. Blogging is just the same; a huge leap down some railings.
“I’d never have time to write one. I’ve got nothing interesting to say. My friends will think I’m weird. Someone will inevitably send me a picture of their penis.”
Yes yes yes and almost certainly, yes. All that and more has gone through my head multiple times but I’ve finally decided to just get on with it. I think blogging will be great fun; a chance to share my interests with the good people of the interweb, who contrary to popular belief, don’t all inhabit the darkest regions of craigslist and 4chan.
I’ve done it to primarily write about one of my biggest hobbies and interests: Gaming.
Yes, it’s true, I’m a first class, 100% super geek (in possession of ovaries) who would rather blow someone’s brains out on Call of Duty than go anywhere near a clothes shop (Quite frankly, I’d rather blow someone’s brains out in real life too. I really hate shopping.) I’ve been gaming since my brother’s dyslexia adviser suggested my parents bought him a Play station 1, saying it would ‘improve coordination’, when I was about 8 or 9.
Thinking back on it, she probably wasn’t a real dyslexia expert at all (or my brother is a lot smarter than I give him credit for) but she definitely set me up for a life filled with incredible first person shooters, emotive role playing games, and bad ass action extravaganzas and I’m eternally in her dubiously qualified debt.  
I want to talk about new developments in the gaming world, review new releases and write articles about issues that interest me within the gaming community. And with the video gaming industry being worth a cool $100 billion (around £62 billion for us brits), I think I’m going to have a lot to talk about!
I realise I’ve talked a lot about male genitalia. This wasn’t planned; it just sort of… came up.
Sorry, cheap joke, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure to leave a comment; I'd love to hear your thoughts! :) Minnie